CloudFiles Lightning Web Components for Salesforce
CloudFiles offers various lightning web components each of which can be used to satisfy specific use-cases in Salesforce. In this article we talk about these components and how to insert them into Salesforce pages. We also refer to more articles that talk about details of the use-cases associated with these widgets.
This article is organized as follows -
- CloudFiles Content Library Lightning Tab This component can be used to access the complete file and folder library from Cloud Storages inside Salesforce
- CloudFiles Connected Folder Widget- This widget can be used to connect cloud folders (e.g. Sharepoint Folders) to Salesforce records
- CloudFiles Attachments Widget - This widget is used to create sharing links for associated files & folders and getting analytics on them
1 - CloudFiles Content Library Lightning Tab
The content library component can be used to instantly connect multiple file libraries and get two-way synced access to all files & folders right from Salesforce. This widget supports live sync with Google Drive, SharePoint, OneDrive, Box, Dropbox and AWS S3.
You can upload files directly into cloud storages, search content, preview files and open in respective cloud editor (e.g. google doc for google drive files) to make edits. You can also download the files and create sharing links for these files.
The Content Library widget can be added into any Lightning Tabs. Follow the steps below -
- Go to the Salesforce app (e.g. Sales App) where you want to add this tab
- Click on the pencil icon on top right and add the "Content Library" item to your view
- Your content library tab will be visible. You can access your files & folders from cloud drives in this tab now.
These steps are shown in the GIF below -
2 - CloudFiles Connected Folder Widget
The CloudFiles connected folder widget is a lightning web component that be dragged and dropped onto any Salesforce standard or custom object. One inserted, the user can go to the respective object and link the widget to a folder sitting in SharePoint / Google Drive / OneDrive / Box / Dropbox or even AWS S3. Once linked, users can see the contents of the folder, search, preview, edit, download files and do a lot more.
Further, CloudFiles provides flow actions that can automate the folder linking (and even creation) process, thus providing an amazing layer of automation on top.
The Connected Folder Widget can be inserted onto any standard or custom object. Follow the steps below -
- Go to the object where you want to insert the widget and click Edit Page Button
- Lightning builder for this page will open. Insert a new tab and drag and drop the "Connected Folder" widget.
- Save and exit the builder. Refresh the Salesforce record page. The widget should now show up.
The video below shows how to do this -
For a detailed on how to use this widget and supported automation, check out this guide. The following screenshot shows this widget in action.
3 - CloudFiles Attachments Widget
The CloudFiles attachments widget provides user the ability to choose files & folders that they wants to associate to the record. They can preview, download and edit the files. They can additionally create sharing links with configurable security and analytics. This gives great flexibility for external sharing.
You can check this guide to see how this widget can be easily used to share and track your files. The screenshot below shows this widget in action.
The steps to add this widget are the same as the Connected folder widget. However instead of the folder widget, drag and drop the attachments widget onto your record in the lightning builder.