Create Dataroom Action
The CloudFiles "Create Dataroom" Action will help you create and clone datarooms.
A dataroom is a file portal, where you can link multiple files & folders, organize them in groups and even request files from your customers. This addition of content and file request blocks can also be automated using the add to dataroom action.
In this article, we focus on the Create Dataroom action. This action lets you create empty datarooms or even clone existing dataroom templates using HubSpot workflows.
Make sure that you have connected an automation user in order for this action to work with your Cloud Storage.
This action has 3 parameters that can be set as summarized below -
1. Dataroom name - The name that appears on the dataroom
2. Dataroom description - Additional description for conveying more information
3. Template Dataroom ID - Used for cloning an existing dataroom instead of creating one from scratch.
4. Return Values - Various values that are returned by this action and can be used in further actions for chaining.
We detail each of these parameters below.
1 - Dataroom name
This is the name you wish to give your cloned dataroom. This name appears on the top banner when you share a dataroom with the customer. Usually it's a good practice to use personalization tokens such as deal name or company name to create the dataroom name. As shown below, we use the Deal Name with some more text to create our final dataroom name.
2 - Dataroom description (Optional)
This is an optional field, used to describe your dataroom. This is additional level of detail that you can give, maybe specifying the type of files that would be shared in this dataroom. We used a simple string along with deal personalization tokens to set this field up.
3 - Template Dataroom ID (Optional)
This field is used in case you want to clone an existing dataroom. Cloning datarooms is useful if you have a set group structure, or some files & folders that you always want to share or some file request blocks that you always want to have in the dataroom. Cloning allows you to copy this structure into the new dataroom, thus avoiding the need to add everything from scratch.
- Find the CloudFiles widget from any HubSpot record, and click on CloudFiles. It will redirect you to app.cloudfiles.io
- Go to the Datarooms tab.
- Either create a new dataroom here or click on the dataroom which is to be cloned.
- In the address bar of your browser, you will find the dataroom ID. It should look something like this:
These steps are shown in the GIF below -
Now we can use this dataroom ID in our workflow in the Template Dataroom ID field. This will prompt the action to clone an existing dataroom instead of creating it from scratch.
4 - Return Values
The Create Dataroom action returns the following values. These can be used in later actions to chain together actions and create complex automations.
1. Action Status - This is a success or failure message based on whether the action executed correctly.
2. New Dataroom ID - The ID of the newly created dataroom. This can be used as the resource ID for this dataroom, e.g. in the Create Attachment Action.
Need help? Book time with our team of experts.