Share Attachment Action
The "Share attachment" action by CloudFiles enables you to share attachments using HubSpot workflows. Sharing an attachment is exactly the same as manually creating a sharing link of a file / folder / dataroom from HubSpot record.
In order to share an attachment, make sure that you already have an attachment made on the record. E.g. you can either trigger a workflow after someone has manually attached a file onto the record or you can automatically create an attachment if you have the file / folder / dataroom ready.
Make sure that you have connected an automation user in order for this action to work with your Cloud Storage.
This action has only one parameter that can be set to specify the attachment to be shared. It returns a number of values that can be later used in other actions -
- Attachments to Share - This is a single / list of attachment IDs for which sharing links need to be created. In the section below, we discuss this attachment ID in detail and explore ways to getting this.
- Return Values- Status of action run. URL and slug of the URL that was created using this action.
1 - Attachments to Share
Since the action "share attachment" is only used to share an attachment, it must be preceded by an action which can provide attachment details such as "Create Attachment action" or "Get attachment details action" in their return values. Create Attachment's return value can be used when the attachment which is to be shared is being auto-created using the same workflow. Get attachment's return value should be used if the attachment was created previously, either manually or through another workflow.
The screenshot below shows the return values of both create attachment & get attachment actions. Both actions return the "Attachment ID" field which can be used as a value for this parameter.
2 - Return Values
The Share Attachment action returns the following values. These can be used in later actions to chain together actions and create complex automations.
- Action Status- This is a success or failure message based on whether the action executed correctly.
- URL Slug- This is the final slug of the CloudFiles URL that was generated using this action. Slug may be important for usage in marketing & sales email automations.
3. URL- This is the complete CloudFiles URL that was generated using this action
Need help? Book time with our team of experts.