Create File Request
A File Request is way to receive files from customers. Files receives using a File Request can be moved to a preconfigured folder automatically. In this article, we will see how to create a dataroom using a flow action.
In your flow builder, search for the element named "Create File Request". You can also find this action in the CloudFiles category when you click "action" element in "Add Element" box. Select the action to insert it into the flow.
Please configure following parameters after inserting the flow action
- Description - A description of the file request that will be visible to customers
- Destination Folder Id - (Optional). If you want to automatically move the received files to a folder, please provide the folder id here. The folder id can come from an earlier action in the flow like "Create Folder", or can be read from the record.
- DriveId - Drive Id for SharePoint or Google Drive. This parameter is not needed for other storages. To get the value of Drive Id, please refer to Create Folder flow action
- Library- One of sharepoint, google, onedrive, dropbox, box, cloudfiles
- Name - Name of the file request
The Apex action returns a custom type called File Request. You can use fields from this type, like id, name etc. You can use these fields in subsequent flow actions or save them as custom fields on record to use outside this flow.